May 21, 2013

Bake Sale for Fundraiser

Nate has a co-worker who's teenage daughter Lexy was diagnosed with Leukemia in December 2012.  Currently Lexy, is in remission and just had a bone marrow transplant last week.  The community put on a fundraising benefit to raise money for Lexy this past weekend.  I decided to bake 10 dozen (120) of my Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies for the bake sale that was at the fundraising event.

Here's my counter with cookie supplies everywhere.  I've never ever made so many cookies.  I ended up getting a blister on my thumb from all the mixing.  Yes, I could have used my Kitchen Aid mixer but I find the batter doesn't combine that well.  I just used my purple cuisinart hand mixer instead.  I love that thing!  :)

This is what 10 dozen cookies look like.  :)

Delicious cookies....

After the cookies were cooled I put 2 dozen in a tupperware container with a slice of bread to keep them soft until I was ready to package the cookies.

Here's a packaged cookie.  Orange ribbon tied on a treat bag.

I had some home made stickers that I added to some of the packages.

Cookies ready to be sold....There was a lot of yummy baked items at the event.  By the time Nate and I left everything was free so I grabbed the leftover cookies and told the organizer that I would take them to work and sell the leftovers for $1.00 each and give her the cash.  I sold all the cookies!

The event raised over $17,000 for Lexy.  YEY!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment