May 6, 2013

Indoor Garden Update: Day 63

My veggies and fruit are still growing.  Today, is Day 63 from when I first started my garden this year.

I decided to replant the big boy tomatoes.  They were getting crowded in the egg crate and the egg crate was staying really damp.

I carefully got them out and set them on a pot plate and put them in a bigger pot.

I also repotted the zukes and squash and set them outside.  I decided to move other plants outside too.
I moved the Potatoes, Big Boy Tomatoes, and Marigolds.  My potatoes are growing like crazy.  I already put a skewer and tied it back but they've grown beyond them as well.  I figured I'd make my way over to Lowe's this week to get some long stakes to hold them up.

Here's my grape tomaotes.  These guys are doing wonderful so I'm leaving them in the window sill.

My pepper plants is growing too.  I'm not putting my pepper plant outside this year.  I'm going to see if I can grow peppers indoors.  :)

Here's my carrots.  These carrots are going to be so tiny.  LOL


Strawberries....I'm not really seeing any growth yet.

This morning, on my way out I saw 2 wooden stakes on my porch with caution tape.  A few days ago we got our driveway resealed and the paving company blocked out driveway with the stakes and caution tape.  Nate removed them last night and just put them on the porch.  As soon as I saw the stakes on my way out this morning I knew I would use them to hold up my potato plants.  Sadly, one of the plants snapped in half this morning.  I know that won't grow so I dug it out and put it in my compost pile.  I did get the stakes up for the other 2 plants.  I still have 2.  I am determined to get at least one potato.  :)


Oh, I threw out the onions I had going into my compost pile.  They were smelling so bad.  I was tired of smelling onions.  haha  

Inside I have.....the strawberries,, avocado pit, celery, red pepper plant, carrots and grape tomatoes.  
Outside I have.....potatoes, marigolds, rose bush, squash, zukes and big boy tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment