December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I'm a little behind on blogging.  Sorry bout that.  For Thanksgiving, we went to my brother's house this year.  He lives about 15 minutes from me.  He bought his house last year and we all thought it would be nice to go to his house for Thanksgiving dinner.  I made Homemade Mac & Cheese, Watergate salad, and my most requested chocolate chip cookies to share with everyone.  There was Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, veggies, rolls etc.  The few pictures I took didn't come out.  :(

Last Sunday, Nate and I went down to his parents house and had Thanksgiving dinner with them.

I made yum yums.  :)

While food was finishing up we munched on Guggisberg Baby Swiss Cheese and Troyer's Trail Bologna.  Nate's dad got these in the mail from an Amish friend.  Awesome!  :)

Time to eat:  Here's the carved turkey, Nate's mom made.

You can't have turkey without Cranberry sauce.  :)  There was also mashed potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes and Gene had made some venison loin or something.  I didn't try that.  LOL

Linda, showed me all these pecans she's been getting from her friend Christine's pecan trees.

There's so many!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda, has them bagged and weighed.  In 1 pound bags.  I made her a Craiglist ad and I think she put a sign out at the end of the driveway to sell the pecans.  Pecans are soooo expensive in the store.  Linda, let me bag up a few pounds for myself and a few friends.  YEY!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment