December 5, 2012

Little Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes

Today, is my husband, Nathan's birthday.  He's 33 today!  He requested pineapple upside down cake.  I've made a few in the past.  He liked them but I didn't so I wanted to find a better recipe.  I went right to Pinterest and found this.  They looked simple enough and I had most of the ingredients already in the pantry.  

I decided to make 4 little pineapple upside-down cakes.  :)

First, I took my custard cups and put them on a foil covered cookie sheet.

Then I took out 4 slices of pineapple and 4 cherries and let them sit on a cutting board so they could drain off some of the juices.

I put 4 tablespoons of brown sugar in a bowl.

I melted 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.  I then added the melted butter to the brown sugar and 2 tablespoons corn syrup in a bowl.  Mix well.

Pour mix evenly into the custard cups.

Add your pineapple slices and cherries.

Add your frozen biscuit to the top.  Bottom of biscuit to pineapple.

Bake on 375 for 25 to 30 minutes or until the biscuit is nice and golden brown.

Flip onto a plate.

Nate came in just as I finished plating his birthday cake.  :)  I served with a few scoops of French Vanilla Ice cream.  You could also use redi-whip or cool whip.

2 comments:

  1. So adorable and the perfect portion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are. I loved them. Best pineapple upside down cakes ever!! Forget making those big cakes. These are perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete