December 1, 2012

Salt Dough Ornaments

Last weekend, I made my own salt dough ornaments.  I found a Salt dough ornament recipe from Pinterest.  It took me to a very cute blog, Oleander and Palm.

I couldn't wait to get started because I knew exactly one of the ornaments I was going to make.  I gathered my ingredients.  

1 cup salt
2 cups flour
1 cup water


Then I gathered up some stamps and my stampin up markers.  (you could use an ink pad too)

I then took out some cookie cutters.  

I mixed up all the ingredients in a bowl.  It kept wanting to stick to me and to the parchment paper.  I had to keep adding flour.

I finally got the ornaments the way I wanted them.  Be sure to use a straw to poke a hole at the top of the ornament before baking them.  Once ready, put them in the oven on 250 degrees for 3 hours.

Here's the final paw print of Harley.  :)  It took about 6 different tries because I kept trying to make it perfect.

Finally, after they were dry I tied some twine on them and hung them on the tree.

Gingerbread man....

Harley's paw print.  :)  I will treasure this one forever.  :)

2 comments: