December 16, 2012

Birthday Brunch for my sisters

Today, we (Mother, Natalie, Ashley, and Kristen) went to 'The Fan' district of Richmond to enjoy brunch at the Strawberry Street Cafe.  We were celebrating my sisters, Ashley and Natalie's upcoming birthdays.  Ashley, and my brother, Billy were born on December 19th, 1985.  Yep, they are twins.  And Natalie, was born on December 20th, 1977.  My brother, had to work so we kept it a girly day out.  :)


We all ordered the bathtub brunch.

Yep, the bar is on a bathtub.  It's kinda weird to think you're eating out of a bathtub but then it's cool.  :)

More food....  :)

My first plate.  I got some scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, cinnamon roll, biscuit, strawberries and pineapples.

My second plate, I got a pasta salad, salad, hard boiled egg, strawberries, pineapple and some apple dish with oatmeal, raisins and grapes.  Natalie said it was good.  I didn't like it.  I gave it to Natalie.

My third plate.....I can't believe I went up again.  haha  I got a apple turnover, biscuit and more fruit.

There was several chalk boards through out with advertisements.  I saw this one with the Grinch.  It was advertising the brunch specials for Christmas Eve and New Years Day.  The Grinch was drawn with chalk so well.  :)  I also saw a chalk board with the Chihuly Exhibit advertising for the VMFA.  I'm so going there before the exhibit ends next year.  Now, I just gotta find some time.

Next door, we looked around in Strawberry Fields Flowers & Finds.  There was some cute stuff in there.

Then we went to Cary Town to Sweet Frog, b/c Ashley wanted us to try a new flavor, called Cookie Cake.  Ashley said it's like those big cookie cakes from the mall.  We were all in.  :)

Here's the Cookie Cake Yogurt.  It's cake batter and cookie mixed together to make Cookie batter.  It does remind you of a cookie cake.  It was good.

I was too full to get my own cup so I got a little sample cup.  After, I ate my sample I decided to get another little sample just so I could be sure I liked it.  haha  :)  

Then we walked next door to MurphiesCary Town, has some of the best unique shops.  This place had some awesome Christmas Ornaments.  I especially, loved a little Chinese food box ornament.

We had a fun day.  Happy Birthday, Ashley, Billy and Natalie.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment