April 10, 2011

Georgetown Cupcakes Adventure

Today, we went to DC. We went to go to Georgetown Cupcake, The container store and Fair Oaks mall to meet my Aunt Karen for dinner at Cheesecake Factory.

Georgetown cupcake is made popular by the TLC show 'DC Cupcakes'. Two sisters own this cupcake shop and it's def a huge success. We needed to try these cupcakes so we made a girls trip out of it. The drive up was a little crazy b/c of traffic and the stupid GPS. But thanks again for driving us K! :) The worst part of going here is the LINE to get in. But lucky for us, my AWESOME cousin Lora, got there before us and stood in line with her daughter. So, when we finally got there all 6 of us got in line with Lora. I think we might have stood there less than 10 min. and I'm sure we made some people mad for just getting in line. OOPS! LOL :P

Here is the outside of the shop. It's really tiny.


MMMM CUPCAKES! :)

Busy staff boxing cupcakes!

Cute picture hanging up inside.

A worker putting fondant on the red velvet cupcakes.

Lora's daughter Livi kinda eating her cupcake. She's so cute! :)

I got a half dozen. Which was $15! :) I got Mint cookies and cream, PB Fudge, Red Velvet, Chocolate & Vanilla, Salted Caramel and Chocolate 3. MMMMM And I also got a Salted Caramel for my Aunt who we met later for dinner. :)

While inside no one was sitting at the tables so we took them and ate a cupcake. I had the Chocolate & Vanilla cupcake. It had a cream cheese frosting with french chocolate sprinkles. It was sooooo good! :)

Another picture of some of the cupcakes! :)

After we enjoyed our cupcakes we walked 1 block to Georgetown Cupcakes old location which they use as a lab for projects.

It was lots of fun!! I'm glad we could all go and have a fun girly day. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment