January 30, 2011

Deep Covered Baker Dinner

I cooked a whole chicken in my pampered chef deep covered baker in 30 min. Here's how.....

I put a tiny bit of olive oil and pepper on the bottom of the baker. I rinsed the chicken and discarded the giblets then put in the baker. I put the lid on and stuck in the microwave and cooked for 30 minutes.

I cut up some potatoes and carrots and put them in a pot with water and boiled them. I added some unsalted butter, a dash of salt and pepper. I could have added them to the baker to cook with the chicken but my chicken took up the whole baker so I figured while the chicken cooked in the microwave, I could cook the veggies on the stove and everything would be done at the same time. And it was.....After 30 min I took out the baker. I checked the temp of the chicken to make sure it was above 165 degrees and it was 180 degrees. :) I let the chicken rest for 10 min before we ate. It was delicious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment