April 7, 2010

Farmville Fun....

This past Saturday, Kristen, Ashley and I took a little road trip to good ol' Farmville, VA. Before Farmville we stopped in at the Brickhouse diner for a hearty breakfast. I got the Bigboy Waffle combo. It's Belgium Waffles, Scrambled eggs, bacon and grits. YUMMO!!! :)

We got to Farmville, and then went around to all the little shops. I didn't find anything I needed or had to have but it was fun looking.


We did go into a shop called Amish Originals. They make a lot of their furniture in Holmes County, Ohio. We told them about my husband having relatives (Amish and English) in the Ohio area. The owner, Carol immediately had to check an ancestor website to see if there was any relation. Come to find out the owners mom, who is Amish is my father-in-laws 3rd cousin. How cool!! :) When we left I laughed and said "See you at Thanksgiving" and they laughed. :)

We found a little Amish/Mennonite deli down the road and had lunch. It was a cute little shop. I got Birch Beer to drink with my lunch. Very good root beer! :)

After we got back from our road trip, Kristen made baked Ziti for dinner for us. As a surprise project, Kristen got us a cookie kit. The kit included cookies, icing and decorations for the cookies. We all had a fun time decorating our cookies.

Here are the finished cookies!! My plate is at the top of the picture. Ashley's cookies are on the left and Kristen's cookies are on the right. Thank you Kristen!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment