April 19, 2010

Chicken Lasagna....

The other day when I made Lasagna, I made way too many lasagna noodles. I wrapped them up real tight and put them in the fridge and figured I would save for later. Today, I thought about how I could use the lasagna noodles. I figured I would make Chicken lasagna. No, I've never made chicken lasagna but I thought I could use the same process as regular meat lasagna. I ran into bloom and got some chicken and cheese. I thought about using cream of chicken soup for the sauce. I didn't want to use red sauce. (not that kind of red sauce K) I went down the spice isle and found a 4 cheese mix like the one I use for my alfredo. I thought I could totally use that!!

I cooked the chicken and cut it up into chunks. In a saucepan I made the cheese sauce. Once the chicken and sauce were both done I layered some noodles in the bottom of the dish. Added some cheese, then chicken and sauce. Repeat process. I did 4 layers!!

Don't forget to make sure all noodles on top have sauce so that they don't harden. Add more cheese on top. I covered with foil and baked at 350 degrees for about a half an hour.

Yum!! I couldn't wait to dig in. Nate walked in the door as I was pulling the rolls out of the oven.

It was delicious!! I will def make this again and I think next time will def be when our friends are over so that we can all enjoy it together!! :)

2 comments:

  1. that looks awesome! you could make rollups like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Yeah you totally could, but I needed to use up my lasagna noodles. Didn't want to waste them. :)

    ReplyDelete