April 22, 2010

Easy Peach Cobbler

I had some frozen peaches and thought I could make a peach cobbler. On the package of peaches it had an easy peach cobbler recipe. I had all the ingredients on hand so I went ahead and made it.

1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Nutmeg
2-3 cups peaches
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup butter

In a small bowl, mix 1 Tbsp. sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over peaches and toss to mix. Place in a shallow dish. I used a glass pie dish.

In the same small bowl combine 1/2 sugar, flour, egg and butter. (the directions actually tell you to melt the butter and drizzle over the crumb topping but I decided to just mix the butter in the crumb mix b/c it all will get mixed anyway right)? Mix until it forms a crumb-like mixture. Pour over the peaches. (Oh I doubled my crust batter so I would have enough to cover entire dish)

Bake at 350 degrees for an hour or until top turns slightly brown and crusty. Serve plain or over ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. seriously, i'm drooling over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...it was pretty good. I wished I had some vanilla ice cream cuz it would have been more awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete