February 26, 2010

Meatball Subs


Tonight for dinner I decided to make Meatball Subs. I love a meatball sub every once in a while but sometimes they can be loaded with sauce. I don't like a lot of sauce b/c it makes them soggy. I also wanted to put as many meatballs on the sub that I wanted. I couldn't wait to make my own my way. :)

To make you will need:

Hoagie Rolls
Meatballs (you can use premade ones or make your own)
Spaghetti Sauce
Provolone Cheese
French Fries

First off I cut the Hoagie rolls and put them on the baking sheet and then stuck them in the oven for a few minutes to get them toasty. I then put the fries (with a little salt) in the oven to bake.

Fries are a good side item for the meatball subs or you can put them on the sub. :)

I cooked up the meatballs on the stove top. I just added some W sauce, pepper and water. (Water I used to keep them from burning)

I placed 2 slices of Provolone cheese on the bottom part of the toasted Hoagie Roll. I added a little Spaghetti sauce on top of the cheese and then added the meatballs. I then drizzled a little more sauce on top of the meatballs and then of course another slice of Provolone Cheese.

Then add the tops of the Hoagie Rolls and stick in the oven for a few minutes. (until cheese is melted and everything is hot)

The finished plate! Mmmmm they were very good! :)

2 comments: