February 16, 2010

Chili

For dinner tonight I made Chili. I was craving it and since it's really cold out it's a good comfort food. When I got home from work after midnight this morning I put it all together so it would cook all day in the crock pot. :)

2lbs Ground Turkey
W sauce
Pepper
Celery
2 Onions
3 can of Tomato Sauce
1 can of light red Kidney Beans
2 pkgs of McCormick Chili Seasoning

I plugged in the crock pot, sprayed some PAM and put it on low. I then cooked the meat with a little W sauce and pepper. Then I drained the meat and added it to the crock pot. Then I cut up the 2 onions and added them to the pot. I then washed and cut up the celery stalk and added that to the crock. I drained the can of kidney beans, added to crock pot and then mixed it all together. Then I added the tomato sauce, mixed and then added the Chili Seasoning. Mix well and let it cook/simmer. Later in the morning when Nate got up for work I had him turn the crock pot down to warm. The only bad thing about making this is at 4am.....we both woke up smelling the chili and our stomachs were growling for it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment