February 6, 2010

Breakfast

I wanted French Toast this morning. I asked Nate if he wanted some and his reply "I'm not a big fan of French Toast". Who's not a fan of French Toast??? WOW!! So, I thought "fine, more for me". I found a recipe online for Easy French Toast. I thought it was perfect b/c it was enough mix just for 2 slices of bread.

Ingredients
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 2 slices bread

  • Directions
  1. Beat together egg, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled skillet or griddle over medium heat.
  3. Soak bread slices in egg mixture for 20 second on each side, or until thoroughly coated. Cook bread until both sides are lightly browned and crisp. Serve hot.

I followed the directions. As I put in 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon I was thinking that might be too much. As I tasted my French Toast I thought it was too much cinnamon. I'm not a huge fan of this recipe but at least I got my French Toast fix. The best French Toast I've ever had is Kristen's but well she's not snowed in with me to make any. LOL :)


Since Nate is outside using the snow blower I figured I would make him some Cinnamon sugar donuts.
It will be a nice treat for him when he comes in from the cold. :)

4 comments:

  1. save some doughnuts for me!!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you spend the night I can make you some donuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can anyone not like french toast?!? Livi and I had some for breakfast this morning too and it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Lora!! Nate is crazy. haha

    ReplyDelete