August 30, 2016

OBX 2016

My group of friends went to OBX for the week.  This is the 4th year the group has rented the beach house.  My husband went to WVA for Operation Photo Rescue to help restore pictures that residents in a WVA town lost from recent floodings.  I was all alone.  My friends told me to come to the beach.  I actually told my BFF I was going but to keep it a surprise.  

I got to the beach around 11:30.  I stopped at roadside stands along the way to kill time.  I met my BFF and her hubby for lunch at Dirty Dicks.

Then we went to a wings shop to pick up a few things.  I got a coral colored OBX shirt.  It's so comfy.  I wished I had gotten a sweatshirt or hoodie.  Next time!

We found a cute dock to hang out to kill some time.  It was almost check in time at the beach house.


I ended up waiting a little longer at docks while everyone was arriving at beach house.  After my sister and her family got there I drove to surprise everyone.

Here's the beach house.  :)



Everyone was surprised and happy to see me.  :)

We had dinner together.  Sharon made steakums.



I walked to beach with my niece, sister and her husband.

Here's my niece taking in her first look at the Atlantic Ocean.

We walked on the sand.



My niece is so happy.


Little girl footprints.



Here's Ellie filling in crab holes.  She thought it was funny to play in the sand and fill in the holes.



Here's all the girls playing with barbies.  There was plenty of toys to keep them from getting bored.



Plus, there's Dave to keep them entertained.  Whenever he pretended to fall asleep they would all scream "wake up, wake up, wake up" and then giggle.  So cute!


We went to Kill Devil Hills Custard for a sweet treat.  It was packed!!  I got a waffle cone with vanilla and chocolate custard.  Sooo good.


One of the bathrooms at the beach house by the pool has the most adorable beachy themed wallpaper.  I love it.  haha  :)


I woke up early Saturday morning just in time for the sunrise.  I stayed and watched for a full hour.  It was beautiful and no one was on the beach.  I had it all to myself. 









I collected a bunch of shells for my niece.  She's starting a collection.



When I got back to the house my niece was sleeping peacefully.  :)  She finally woke up.  She saw me and said "Good morning, Aunt Bonnie, what are you doing".  I told her I collected shells for her.


I had her put out her hands and close her eyes.


I put the biggest shell in her hand that I found.

She loved them all and said they would go in her special collection. 


I love her so much!  :)

I'm glad I went even though it was only for a few days.  It was worth it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment