February 22, 2015

Deviled Eggs

I was doing meal prep this afternoon.  I made some hard boiled eggs to take as snacks for work.

How to make hard boiled eggs:

Add eggs to a pot and add water until eggs are covered.  I also found a tip online to add a tsp of baking soda to the water.  Put pot on stove on high.  Once water gets to a roaring boil set timer for 1 minute.  After one minute, remove pot from stove and set on counter with a lid on it.  Set timer for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes put eggs into a bowl of ice water.  You can then crack and peel the eggs.

Now I made extra eggs to purposely make a few hard boiled eggs.  I don't even think I've ever made deviled eggs....like ever.  Wow....can that be?  I've certainly eaten my fair share, but never made them.

They came out pretty awesome.


hard boiled eggs
salt and pepper
olive oil mayo
yellow mustard
sweet pickle relish
paprika
bacon bits

Slice in half the eggs you're using for the deviled eggs.  Carefully, take yolks out and put into a bowl.  Crush up the yolks.  Mix in salt, pepper, bacon bits, paprika, relish, mustard and mayo.  I didn't measure, I eyeballed all of that.  I only did 4 eggs so I didn't make that much mix.  Spoon mix into egg halves and sprinkle some more bacon bits and paprika on the top of each.  


When I asked my husband if he wanted some deviled eggs, he perked up and said "YES".  He had no clue what I was making since I was making multiple things.  haha  He bit into one of the eggs and said "these are amazing" in which I responded "Guess I've been holding out on you with making these huh".  LOL  They were that good.  :)  I'll be making more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment