November 21, 2014

RIP Grandpa

This past Monday morning my Grandfather passed away.  I'm sad and I will miss him but I know he's in a much better place.  He was going through late stages of Alzheimer's.  


1925-2014

He was a very kind man.  Always smiling and making jokes.  He was a husband, father, grandfather, and a great-grandfather.  He served his Country in the United States Navy during World War II and he was a retired Engineer.


My Grandparents have been married for 65 years and have known each other since they were little kids first meeting one another in Missouri in grade school.  My Grandpa used to tease my Grandma because he had a crush on her.  They did everything together and my Grandmother cared for my Grandpa up until his last breath.  That's love right there.


A memory I will always cherish between us......  One time when my Grandparents were up visiting my family I was sitting on my Grandpa's lap and we were eating apples.  A bad storm had passed through the area and the power went out.  I swallowed an apple seed and my Grandfather told me that a apple tree was gonna grow in my belly.  I believed him for the longest time.  haha  Every time, I see a seed I always think of his joke.  :*)

I love you Grandpa!  You will be missed and always in my heart.  xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment