November 10, 2014

Homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Saturday night, for dinner my husband and I felt like having breakfast.  Breakfast is always good for dinner right?  I decided to make my pancake mix but instead of using white flour I used whole wheat flour because it's better for you.  At least that's what the experts say.  I also only made a half recipe so we wouldn't go over board with an over abundance of pancakes.  :)  I was able to make 7 pancakes with half the batter.  I had 3 and my husband had 4.


The pancakes turned out delicious.  I even added some fresh blueberries.  So yummy!  I served them with some scrambled eggs and some andouille sausage links.  YUM!

To make:

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup and 2 tbsp almond milk unsweetened
1 egg
1/2 tsp homemade vanilla extract
1 tbsp veg oil

Mix up the dry ingredients with a fork until combined.  Form a well and pour in the milk and then add in other wet ingredients.  Whisk until smooth.  Use a 1/4 cup to scoop batter into skillet.  Add some fresh blueberries to pancake as it's cooking.  Cook until golden brown.

I served with some sugar free syrup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment