August 28, 2011

Shower Organization

These last few days have been crazy. On Tuesday, we had a 5.8 earthquake here on the east coast. I was outside walking with a friend from work and we didn't feel anything. We are probably the only 2 people that didn't feel it. LOL The next couple of days we had several aftershocks. Early Thursday, morning at 1:07am I felt the 4.5 aftershock and it was pretty scary. I'm glad I didn't feel the earthquake. On Thursday, afternoon we had a very violent thunderstorm. It literally looked like a tornado came through downtown but luckily there wasn't one. On Friday, I got stung by a wasp and my arm is itchy, hot and swollen. :( Saturday and early Sunday morning we got some of the outer ban of Hurricane Irene. Luckily, we didn't get any damage at our house and all of our friends and families are safe. The storm could have been a lot worse. I know Ashley and Kristen loss power yesterday and are still without power right now. So, it seems Richmond got hit harder that we did.


Ok sooooooo moving on.....When boredom sets in then it's time to get to that never ending project list. One of the things on that list was shower organization.

I always use those $2.00 plastic shower liners but realized it's really a waste. After a few months they easily tear. I'm not going to name names but there are only 2 people who use this shower and I'm not that one who tore it. :) Anyways, it's time to be greener and save some money so I decided to buy a fabric liner and figured I could just wash it every other month or so.

I got this fabric liner. I got cream to match the curtain which has browns and creams in it. (looks white in the picture, but I promise it's cream)

Now my next project was to finally put up our soap dispensers and clean up the clutter in the shower. Dan (Nate's bro) got these dispensers and as soon as I saw them I just knew I needed them. I told Kristen about them and she fell in love with them too and got them. I received my dispensers as birthday gifts from Melissa and one from Linda. Each holder has 3 dispensers attached to it. So 3 for me and 3 for Nate.

Clutter mess. All of Nate's bottles were on bottom scattered about.

YEY!! Look how nice they look.

I'm so happy that it's up. :D The only things on the bottom now are Shaving gel (which I might just put back on top and the tile spray. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment