August 21, 2011

Flying Circus Hot Air Balloon Festival

My sister, Ashley and I went to the Flying Circus Hot Air Balloon Festival yesterday.

Cute sign at the entrance. (Ashley's pic) The hot air balloons didn't take off until 6pm. We got there around 5:30ish. So, we had time to walk around and look around. There was a fenced off area with tons of old planes. Some were just sitting on the ground and others were flying around above us. It was cute. I love the sound of planes going around in the air.
For a fee you could ride in the planes. We didn't. I also saw on the website that you could ride in the hot air balloon for $400. (yikes) But I'm sure it's worth it. I love hot air balloons.

Here is an old plane just modeling for pictures.

Another plane. We ended up taking a $1.00 hay ride with this cute little old man. He would stop off at different points during the tour and tell us some history of the Flying Circus or to talk about nature etc. He took us around on the hay ride where you couldn't walk to so for a $1 it was worth it. He took us up close to some of the hot air balloons as they were being raised. Those of us in the wagon were a little scared b/c we weren't sure if the balloons would fall over on us. LOL The old man also took us into a wooden section. He told us to watch for deer. We entered into a clear area that actually had a deer crossing sign and then off on the left were actually deer. STATUES!! But we all cracked up. This old man had a great personality. haha :D

Here's some of the balloons up in the air. And a bi plane flying around. (Ashley's pic)

Soooo pretty!! (Ashley's pic)

Awesome! (Ashley's pic)
(Ashley's pic)

This was one of my favorite ones! We got up really close to this one.


And it's in the air! (Ashley's pic)

This is my favorite shot. I took this one! So proud of myself. :) I still wished my big canon lens worked on my nice camera. It would have been the better camera to use for this event. So many ppl had big lenses and awesome cameras. I was a little jealous.

Love this sticker! :D
Picture of a hot air balloon basket! :) Would make a cool desktop background.

We enjoyed some Hawaiian shaved icees. I got GRAPE and Ashley got Lemon lime. :D I took a picture of our shadows. Thought it looked cute. haha After our sister day we had dinner at Pancho Villa. Ashley spent the night and this morning I woke up to pancakes and some sliced strawberries that Ashley made. MMMMMMMM :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for going to the hot air balloon festival with me! It was awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so fun! i would NEVER go up in one of those things, but cool to see! :)

    ReplyDelete