December 12, 2009

Truffles.....

Ok, so today I decided to make truffles. I made chocolate truffles and peanut butter truffles. I followed the recipe exact. It was messy but simple. For the peanut butter truffles, I used a bag of Reese's peanut butter morsels. I melted the morsels and mixed it in with 1 8 oz bar of cream cheese. I also mixed in a little bit of sugar and milk. Let it set in the fridge. I think I waited 10 to 15 min. Then I shaped them into little balls putting them on wax paper, which was lined on a cookie sheet. After that I put them in the fridge while I melted some chocolate. Once the chocolate was melted (which I constantly stirred) I pulled out the pan of pb truffles, dipped them in the melted chocolate and set them back on the wax paper. Then I took my sprinkles. (I had red, green and chocolate) and sprinkled them on. Once done I put them back in fridge for an hour. Then you can put them into their containers. They easily, come off the wax paper. :) I also have a bar of white chocolate that I plan to use next time to dip the chocolate truffles into for a mix. :)





1 comment: