December 15, 2009

Easy Delicious Semi-Homemade Doughnuts

Today, I decided to make some doughnuts. I used to make these when I was little for my brother and sister. They are very easy to make and take no time at all.

First off, you need a can of biscuits, vegetable oil, a soda/pop bottle top, sugar, cinnamon, and powdered sugar.


Put Vegetable oil in a deep pan and let it heat up.

Take the biscuits out of the can. Use the soda top to take out the middle. Keep the little ones because that's what makes the doughnut holes. :)


In one large ziploc bag put powdered sugar and in another bag mix some white sugar and cinnamon.

By this time the oil should be heated up nice and hot. Add the doughnuts carefully. They cook very quickly. I think 30 seconds and they are ready to be flipped.


Once flipped, let them cook on the other side till they are golden brown. Once they are done, lay the doughnuts on a plate that's covered with paper towels to drain the grease. After all the big doughnuts are taken out put the little holes in. They cook really fast and roll over on their own.

The doughnuts draining on paper towels.

Add the doughnuts to the desired bags for cinnamon or powdered sugar.



Don't they look cute? :)

2 comments:

  1. mm I can taste them from here! I can remember helping you make those, punching out the holes. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on my way over for some!

    ReplyDelete