December 14, 2009

Monkey Bread....

I decided to make some Monkey bread today. The last time I made it I was in high school and I've been in a baking mood lately, so I figured I would go ahead and make it.
It's very simple to make. :)

What you need to make it:

4 cans refrigerator biscuits (about 40)
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup pecans, raisins and/or coconut (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil in saucepan, then let it cool.


Take biscuits out of cans and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.


I put the cut pieces into a bowl. Pour sugar and cinnamon into a plastic bag and mix. Add cut biscuit pieces, several at a time; shake to coat.

Then place the pieces into the coated Bundt pan until all are used. At this time you can sprinkle the layers with nuts, raisins or coconut if you choose to use them.

Once all the pieces are layered into the bundt pan pour the sugar and butter mix over the top.

Then bake for 45 min. Let it cool for about 15 min before removing from the pan. Turn upside down to serve. The reason Monkey bread is called monkey bread is b/c you 'pick' like a monkey when you eat it. :)






2 comments: