December 24, 2009

Mini Pies....

Today I made some mini pies. I got the idea from Julia, who got her idea from Bakerella. I decided to make the pies without the sticks. I thought this would be a wonderful dessert for someone that just wanted a little bit of pie.

Ingredients:

Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
Fresh fruit or canned fruit

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, spray your baking sheet with pam spray. Then on a flat surface with some flour, unroll your pie crust (roll with rolling pin) and cut into circles.

Next, put a circle on the pan. Then add your filling. I used cherry for one pan and apple for the other. Then add another circle for the top. Close off by using a fork or by pinching the top and bottom together with your fingers.

Let them bake, and once you take out of the oven move them to a cooling rack.

When serving you could add a dollop of cool whip or a dollop of Vanilla ice cream. I had my brother, Kirk be the guinea pig. He tried the apple and he loved it!! YEY!! :) I can't wait to share with everyone. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! :)

4 comments:

  1. that better be your surprise for saturday! yay for bakerella's mini pies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm bringing them on Saturday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great!!!!! The next batch will have to be apple because that is my favorite pie. And with some ice cream, I bet yours tasted amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie!! They turned out great!! :)

    ReplyDelete