December 6, 2009

Surprise 2009

Today, I threw a surprise birthday party for Nathan, Kristen and Dave. Melissa came over early and helped me set up with decorations and helped me with the potatoes. I really hate peeling potatoes. It takes too long. :) The party started at 2pm. Just about everyone that was invited made it. Kristen and Dave thought once they got to my house that we would be going out to dinner. Just the four of us. Little did they know that about 20 guests would be here. We had homemade Macoroni and cheese, homemade Mashed potatoes, KFC Fried/Grilled chicken, cole slaw, green beans, baked beans and biscuits. Then of course, a birthday cake and ice cream. MMMM-MMMM good! :) I think we all stuffed ourselves silly and enjoyed each others company.

Here's some of the balloons that Melissa had brought.

Nathan, Kristen and Dave getting ready to blow out the candles.

Lora's daughter Olivia. We call her Livi. She is very well behaved and just too darn cute.

Opening the gifts....

Adam and Dave being silly. :)

My dad and Nate's dad just chatting in the living room. Gene looks sleepy. LOL

I hadn't made Homemade Macoroni & Cheese in a while so I thought it would be good with the dinner. It was marvelous!! :)

2 comments:

  1. We had a great time. Thanks for having us over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks again for the party! what's with the weird look on my face, though?!? i think i was tired of smiling since your flash wouldn't go off! lol.

    ReplyDelete