September 20, 2009

Walking with the Dinosaurs

My Promotions Director, Sean got tickets for 'Walking with the Dinosaurs'. It was playing at the Verizon Center up in DC. I wanted to go when it came to DC a few years ago but didn't. Sean gave me 4 tickets! I invited Melissa, Dillon and Debbie.


I met at Melissa's house and then we drove up to Burke, VA to pick up Dill's grandma, Debbie.
Dill knew we were taking the metro some where but he didn't know what we were doing. It was a surprise!!! Then Debbie took us to lunch at Bertucci's. We all got pizza. It was pretty good. Dillon kept saying "Is this my surprise" and we kept laughing at him and telling him "no, not yet". We parked at Franconia/Springfield Metro. Took the blue line train to King Street then jumped on the yellow train to Gallery Place/China Town to the Verizon Center.

Here's Dill on the metro.

We got to the Verizon Center at 6:30pm. We got some popcorn and sodas/pop and then found our seats for the 7pm show.

The show was AMAZING! Dill couldn't believe what he saw. He was the happiest little boy in the whole wide world. We all loved it!!! The pictures don't really show you how real everything looked. The artists that made these dinosaurs made them so life like. I was so glad we went!

Once, the show was over we jumped back on the metro to go home. Dill couldn't stop talking about it. Since there was barely anyone on the metro, Melissa let Dill stand up if he promised to hold onto the pole. He was so cute and very well behaved. He loved his surprise! And he was very thankful at the end of the night that I got the tickets for him to go. Too cute!! I can't believe he 7! Time flies!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. looks cool! glad you had a good time and Dillon enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete