December 22, 2013

Final Garden Update for 2013

My life has been so crazy busy this month so I haven't blogged in a while.

This is my final 2013 Garden Update.  A few weeks ago I decided to say goodbye to my pepper plants.  The peppers that were on the plants looked like the only ones that the plants would produce.  I was glad to get them out of the house.  I had to make room for my Christmas tree.  :)

I set the plants outside and then picked off all the peppers.  I got a bunch!!!  I kept some for myself and took some to work.  They were all snatched up.  :)

Here they are.  The bigger ones I kept and they ended up turning red before I got around to cooking them.  :)  I was very happy with my garden this year.  I had grew my own potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, flowers, peppers, and lemons.  :)  I think that's it?  LOL


Speaking of lemons.....I've moved my lemon tree into the basement.  They don't like the cold so I can't keep it outside.  It's sitting in front of the basement door where the sun shines in.  It's still doing good.  I picked up some citrus soil from Home Depot for it and added some the other day.  I've also set the container in a deep tub for drainage.  Just in case.  I don't want the container leaking all over the floor.  I have 2 lemons the size of a cottonball.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment