August 9, 2010

New Things Monday

I want to start a feature each Monday where I talk about new things or firsts that I'm trying. Whether, it be a new product I'm trying out or a type of food I'm eating for the first time. I think it will be fun. We'll see how it goes. :)

Like most of us we try to find ways to save money. I used to be a name brand snob but that's not the case anymore. Years ago when I found out that grocery (bloom) store brand canned corn tasted the same as del monte canned corn and over $1 cheaper I thought who needs del monte. :)
I felt the same way with other products at Target. Why pay $8 for cascade dishwashing detergent when you can pay much cheaper for Target up & up brand. I have tried many up & up items that I will continue to buy. Like, ziploc bags, toliet paper, pads, sunscreen, trash bags, tylenol. The only item so far that I've gotten that I don't like is the up & up brand clorox wipes. They leave a weird residue behind. So, I think I'll stick to green works or clorox brand for that. :)

4 comments:

  1. i love up & up (target) brand. sometimes i get their tp, and i also get hand sanitizer, dishwasher detergent, dish soap, and plastic bags and other things like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love their TP. Nate is very picky about TP. About 2 months ago I started getting different TP to try out. He loves Target brand. It's not to soft and not hard and the best thing....it doesn't leave pieces behind. :)

    Yey for TARGET! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find the tp to be similar to angel soft..actually it seems pretty close to it if not exactly alike..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the magic eraser - and this weekend i picked up the up and up brand because it was 1/4 of the cost of the mr. clean brand. easy choice right? love it.

    ReplyDelete