August 29, 2010

Bacon & Cheese Muffins

I was kinda bored sitting around and felt like baking something. I was reading thru random blogs and came across Mommy's Kitchen. I saw a recipe for Bacon & Cheese Muffins and looked at the ingredients. I was happy that I had everything on hand so I scratched the recipe down on a piece of paper and then headed to the kitchen and starting making it. :) My brother came in to see what I was doing and helped me. :)


2 - cups all purpose flour
2 - teaspoons baking powder
1/4 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon black pepper
1 1/4 - cup.milk
1/4 - cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
1 - egg
1/2 lb - bacon, diced, cooked and degreased
3/4 - cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together the milk, melted butter or margarine and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in the bacon and cheese just until combined. Scoop into greased or lined muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden brown.


They are good but they lack some flavor. I would add more black pepper next time. You could put your own spin on them. Maybe sprinkle some cheese on the top once you take them out of the oven. Or cook an egg sunny side up and eat with it. I would think maybe even a ranch dressing would be good to dip it in. Nate ate his with some sour cream. They are a quick little snack that you can eat on the go. :)

Nate suggested even adding some syrup to it. So, Billy did and we all tried it. It tasted just like a pancake. It was good!! haha :) You can do so many things with it.


2 comments:

  1. omg with the syrup - why not with bacon and cheese? yum.

    i tried to make something like this one time but it was an epic fail! i think i left out the salt (like i usually do) but they were bland - blech!! never realized how much good a teaspoon of salt did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep you could put some extra cheese and bacon in them.

    Yeah if something calls for salt there is a reason so it's good not to leave it out. LOL

    ReplyDelete