March 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Cups

My friend Laura made Peanut Butter Cups the other day. It seemed so simple and so yummy so I decided to make them myself.

Peanut Butter Cups
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
2 Tbsp confectioners sugar
12 oz milk chocolate
1/3 cup crushed graham crackers

Microwave peanut butter for 20 seconds until softened. Mix in confectioners sugar and crushed graham crackers until uniform.

Melt chocolate over a double boiler. I don't own a double boiler, so I just melted the chocolate in a saucepan and kept stirring till melted. Spoon a teaspoon of melted chocolate in the bottom of a baking cup. Tilt and rotate the baking cup to spread the melted chocolate up the side of the cup slightly. Scoop large rounded teaspoons of peanut butter mixture and press into a half dollar size patty. Place in baking cup, and cover with the rest of the melted chocolate.

Place in muffin tin to maintain shape, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Makes 15 cups.







5 comments:

  1. YAY! You did what I wished I had, went heavy on the chocolate. That's my kinda PB cup right there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these look awesome! will 1 make it to sunday so i can try? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Laura...yeah I love chocolate! :P Did you make them with big cups? I made mine with little ones.

    @ Kristen...I will try to save you one. :) No promises tho, cuz Nate is home with them all alone. haha I did manage to bring some into work. Todd, Deidre, Kay, Moen and Paul all had one. They all loved them and Kay even said they were better than Reese's pb cups. :) YEY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you don't need to own a double boiler.

    you can use a pot with water boiling in it, and then a metal mixing bowl that fits on top (not touching the water). that's how i do mine.

    i bet you could make a bunch of these for billy!!

    ooh and you could make tiny ones with mini muffin pans, too!! and wrap them up in little baggies and pass them out. yum!

    ReplyDelete