March 4, 2010

Grandma Runyon's Meatloaf

I made Grandma Runyon's meatloaf for dinner. I hadn't made it in a long time and it sure is comforting.

All you need is ground meat (I used turkey), 2 eggs, 2 slices of bread broken up little, pepper, and a can of stewed tomatoes. Mix it all together and add to your meatloaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half. :)

I peeled, cut up and cooked potatoes, then mashed them adding some pepper, milk and butter. I hate peeling potatoes. But it's def worth it to have REAL mashed potatoes!!!

For dessert I made lemon bars again!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see a meatlof recipe that isn't loaded with onions, carrots and bell peppers. I love them, but my husband doesn't. Just last week I was craving meatloaf so for sure this will be made very very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia!! It's a very simple and delicious meatloaf. My hubby was so happy to eat the leftovers. It keeps very well. When my grandma made it she would chop up the leftover meatloaf and put it in her spaghetti sauce. I've never had meatloaf leftover to do that. LOL But it sure sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete