March 2, 2010

Cookies.....

The lemon bars were a huge hit yesterday. My husband finished them all off. LOL He wants me to make them again and I will def be making them again!! Today, I decided to bake some cookies from scratch! I was so glad that I had all ingredients on hand. :)



INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.)
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)


DIRECTIONS:

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. awesome pic of the stack of cookies! cookbook cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! :) I like it too. I also tried to be creative putting chocolate chips on the plate. :)

    ReplyDelete