March 26, 2010

Oreo Truffles

The other day at the doctors office I was reading through an old issue of better homes and gardens magazine. I came across a very simple recipe for Oreo Truffles. I knew I had to try to make them.

You only need 3 ingredients. A package of Oreo Cookies (I used reduced fat), 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, and 1 package of melting chocolate. (I used white morsels for this batch)

I put the Oreo cookies in a large ziploc bag and crushed them up into little pieces.

Once all the cookies were finely crushed I mixed in the cream cheese with my hand mixer. Then form into little balls.

Melt the chocolate. I used white chocolate morsels. On low heat melt the morsels. Once the morsels start to shine, keep stirring till they are all melted. Once chocolate is melted dip the balls to coat and place on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.


They are great!! I will def try to make these with milk chocolate next time. With the white chocolate, they remind me of Oreo cookies covered with white fudge chocolate that are in stores during the winter. YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment