August 12, 2009

Birthday Weekend: Saturday Part I

I drove down to Richmond early Saturday morning. I picked up Ashley at her apartment and then went to Kristen's. We then headed to the Brickhouse diner. It's a small little place but they have great breakfast! :)

Then after our belly's were full we headed to the Virginia Safari Park! It's kinda like a drive thru zoo but the animals come up to your car and peek their heads in the windows.






Oh...as I was trying to take some pictures of Ashley with a Zebra one snuck up to me and licked my cheek. I turned and took his picture. It was a little shocking to turn around to a zebra right in your face. haha But it was fun!!

After the Safari Park we drove to the Natural Bridge.

The $18 was a little overpriced but it was still an amazing thing to see.

While we looked at the Natural Bridge we found faces within the rock. It was neat to see.
This is George Washington's profile. Can you see it??? :)
After all that we toured the wax museum that was next door. The tour was included in our bridge ticket. Then Ashley and I toured a toy museum but there really isn't much to say about that. LOL Kristen must have known how sucky it was b/c she let us go like fools and she waited for us with the look "I told you so". :)

After all that fun and excitement we drove to Staunton. Such a cute little town!
When you enter the downtown section there's a big Watering Can on one side of the bridge and on the other side are big flower pots. It was adorable!!! :)
We drove around and finally agreed to eat at a local place in Staunton called the Mill Street Grill.

The food was great. I ordered a sandwich called 'The packard'.
6 oz. of thinly sliced Prime Rib, topped with crisp Bacon and melted Cheddar Cheese on a toasty French Roll, with a side of creamy Horseradish Sauce.
Yummo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I will definately go there again.

On our way home from the fun road trip we plugged in Kristen's IPOD and started singing some songs really loud. Celine Dion- "My heart will go on" and New Radicals- "Someday we'll know" just to name a few. It was fun!!!!!!!!!!! Especially, the hand gestures we did along with some of the songs too. Ashley thought we were gonna get pulled over. LOL :)

What a wonderful day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment