June 5, 2016

Backyard Chickens Update #11- CHICKS ARE HOME

My friend and I put all the chicks in the playpen.  We grabbed each one and let the Roos go and then I decided which girls I wanted.

I brought a big box with me.  Melissa poked a bunch of holes at the top and we put the chicks in the box.  Then I brought them home.  They only peeped for about 10 minutes and then they were quiet all the way home.

As soon as I got home, my husband came out and grabbed the box and we put them in the coop.  They started running around and checking things out.





My chickens are home!!  I picked up three last weekend.  I’m allowed to have five total.  I will get two more later.  Most of the ten chicks that hatched turned out to be Roos instead of Hens.  🙁  Hopefully, I picked right and all three are hens.  haha
I put the chicks in the coop so they’d get used to their new home.  Here’s the smallest one peeking in the top area to explore.
27341908086_1c4a4e4a49_z
The little one I hope is a hen.  haha  It’s hard to tell at this age.  The little one is the last one that hatched during the week all the others hatched.  I think Molly is a cute name for her.  What do you think?  The grey one I think I should name Buttercup because I have a cute picture of her standing next to a bunch of buttercup flowers when she was really little.
26768136454_efe2aba228_z
This one I don’t know what to name her.  I think Grace is a good name for her.  She's graceful.  My husband is holding her here and she ate some food from his hand.
27100069910_be09c871e7_z
They all like roosting together on the roosting bars.
27341906526_963af46c4f_z
Fluffy butt….
27375778755_7fc703cff8_z

No comments:

Post a Comment