November 19, 2012

Homemade Trail Mix

Nate mentioned yesterday that he wanted some trail mix.  I told him I would make him trail mix.  It's something I'd been wanting to do so I actually got excited thinking about the different ingredients to combine.  I looked on Pinterest last night at different trail mixes just to see what other people add.  I knew Nate would love nuts, chocolate and peanut butter so those were the first 3 ingredients I knew I would use.  I checked the pantry to see what I had on hand that would work and then made a list of other options to get from the grocery store.

Here's what I used for my homemade trail mix.


Raisins
Chocolate chips
Peanuts
Cashews
Pretzels
Craisins
Chex Cereal
Peanut butter chips

Lucky for me, I only had to buy the last 3 ingredients.  I had everything else in my pantry.

Get a big bowl and mix your trail mix together.  I didn't measure anything.  I just eyeballed it.  Once mixed I added the trail mix to a tupperware container and put the lid on.  This would be a good little snack to add to ziploc bags and take with you.  :)  This is the perfect sweet and salty combination.


You can pretty much add whatever you want.  There's no wrong way.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment