December 20, 2010

Projects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Months ago, I wanted to get some projects crossed off my list. It didn't happen because I didn't have nails to complete some of them. Remember? If not, this might refresh your memory. :)

Kristen and I had some time to kill before we went to a play. So, we got the nails, screws and the drill and decided to complete some tasks! We hung up the sheepy picture in the sheepy room. :)

We hung this Amish picture up in the dining room. We got it as a gift at our 10th wedding anniversary party from the Hathaways. :)

Another gift from our 10th anniversary party. The one from the Anderls. We hung the Miller Family sign in the foyer. :)

I finally got my shelves from IKEA and we hung them in the grey room. One for my Microphone collection and the other for...

my little ceramic radio collection. :) I put my little letters behind them. It spells out radio. I wasn't happy with not being able to see the letters that well. :(

I went to Lowes and got a piece of wood. I measured the shelf and then cut the wood with my handsaw. (Yes, I was careful) The next step, I sanded the rough parts on the wood. :)
I then used my table in the craft room and used mod podge and paper to cover.
I carefully, used my exacto knife trimming the paper off from the edges. :)

I placed the wooden block behind the radios and then put my letters back on. It's still a little low but at least you can see most of the letters now. :) YEY!

I also decided it was time to tackle the craft table. It was a mess. So many things scattered about on the table. I figured I'd clear the table. I put everything in an empty drawer that the mics and radios were sitting in. At least with it off the table it's out of mind for now. Most of the things are projects I need to finish working on but don't feel like right now. I'll get to it eventually. :)

Now look how clean it is. :) I'm unsure if I want to hang the message board or get a bigger one made by Kristen and hang it and then put the smaller on on the other side of the room. :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG the table looks awesome! So many things you can cross off your list :) yay for productivity!

    ReplyDelete