December 27, 2010

New Things Monday

White asparagus! Yep.....white, not green. LOVE IT!! It taste and smell the same, just lacks the green color. We researched the white asparagus to see if it was any different from the green and one website said it's kinda bland. So, I made it like I do with the green. I figured this would make it tastes the same and I was right. I chopped them up into little pieces and cooked with some extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian dressing and chopped bacon. :) It was the same, just different colors. The white is def better for me b/c I have to be careful with my green veggie intake b/c it messes with one of my meds so I'm glad the white tastes the same. :)

2 comments:

  1. never seen this at the store before, but since you told me about it, i've seen it at every store...i need to be more observant! :) glad it was tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....yep I'm glad too.

    ReplyDelete