June 29, 2010

Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman- Dinner & Movies


I love Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. I got the complete series on DVD for my birthday a few years ago. I decided it was time to finally watch them. I got Kristen into the show as well. I told her after she we were both done watching all of the episodes then we would have a Dr. Quinn dinner and watch the movies and that time came this past Sunday night.

DR. QUINN, MEDICINE WOMAN, a high-spirited, Western family adventure series. It's built around the exploits of Dr. Michaela ("Mike") Quinn, a refined woman doctor who moves from the highly civilized world of mid-19th century Boston to a rough-hewn frontier town in 1860s Colorado to start her own medical practice.

While the headstrong Michaela can be tough, she was never prepared her for such a rugged world where the people are as coarse as the climate and their ideas seem from another time. By having Dr. Quinn's sophisticated values clash with the considerably cruder mindset of her Western neighbors, the series is able to explore situations and issues that are very much a part of life today. Whether championing the cause of gun control, exposing environmental polluters, battling disease or sexist cowboys, or liberating oppressed frontier women, Dr. Mike, at great personal risk, bucks the conventional wisdom of the Old West and emerges as more than just a pioneering feminist.

In the tradition of "Little House on the Prairie," DR. QUINN, MEDICINE WOMAN is steeped in traditional family values and an understanding of the spirit and strength that built America.



For our 'Dr. Quinn dinner' we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and biscuits!

And for dessert Kristen made a peach pie! MMMMM

I'm sad that the series is over but at least when I feel like I need some Dr. Quinn I can always pull out the DVD's and have a marathon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment