January 2, 2010

A lovely Saturday


Today, Nate and I went downtown to visit antique shops. Nate wants to collect all of the Led Zeppelin Vinyls. He got this idea from our friend Dave who has The Beatles Collection. It's an awesome collection, displayed in his office on the wall. Nate looked up the Zeppelin albums and sees that there are 8 in total. I told him he can't just go on ebay or craigslist to get them. He has to actually search for them in antique stores. He agreed b/c the hunt is what makes it fun.

We had no luck finding Zeppelin in any of the stores we went into. We did find some really cool albums. We decided to go to one last store. As we walk by the window display, there was a Zeppelin record right in the window. How cool is that? This perticular store had a huge section of records that were pretty well organized and even had a stool for you to sit on while you looked through them. That was nice. :) We went to the window and looked at the album sitting there. It was Presence. It's their 7th album. Nate was happy so we spent the $35 on it. It's a good start.

Cover of the Presence album by Led Zeppelin.

After our searching ended for the day we decided to grab lunch at my favorite deli. Virginia deli! I got my usual chicken salad on wheat bread and Nate got the Thomas Jefferson. It's a turkey sandwich with bacon, swiss, lettuce and mayo. It used to be my favorite till I had the chicken salad. :)


It was a nice lunch. :)

After lunch I wanted to go to some new place (Colonial Cupcakes) that I heard from FXBG Blogger was open but we couldn't find it and we were short on time. I had to be on air at 3pm so I figured we would just have to find it another day. It sounds pretty cute and the workers wear colonial attire. How cool!!!! I just found their website. Not much to it. I also found a mistake.....On Sundays, they say they're open from 12a till 8p. I doubt that they are open at 12 in the morning. I think they mean 12p. At least I know their address now is 611 Caroline Street. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment