January 20, 2010

The last couple of days....

This past weekend Kristen, Dave, Nate and me went to Williamsburg. We went to go antiquing. Didn't really find anything. After antiquing we went to Red City for a cheap Chinese buffet. Hey at $6.95 for all you can eat Chinese food we were all for it. :) It totally wasn't the best but I thought I got my moneys worth. After that we drove back to RVA to check out another antique mall. Nate found a Robert Plant album he was going to get then Dave looked at the records and it so wasn't Robert Plant. Bummer!! Then we decided to go to Plan 9 in Richmond to check out the basement that's full of records. We found two Zeppelin albums for cheap that Nate got. :) Outside of the store there was a guy selling Baja's and Dave (who'd been looking for one) got one for $20! LOL

So............this week I've been on Vacation from the station! Not really going anywhere so I guess it's a staycation! :)

On Sunday, I had to go to the mall and help out with the Radio station fundraising. We collected money for Haiti victims. After I was done, I got some pizzas and Sharon and Joe came over and had pizza with me and Nate!

On Monday, Kristen came down and we organized the basement. There is still work to be done but at least all of Nate's baseball stuff, childhood stuff and family stuff is neatly stored away in their own containers. :) Monday night, Kristen, Sharon and me went to Marquee to see 'The Lovely Bones'. It's a book that both Kristen and Sharon couldn't finish b/c it's so sad. The movie was good but I was soooo ready to walk out if it didn't end the way I wanted it to. :)


The main character from the movie. Susie Salmon...... (Saoirse Ronan)

On Tuesday, I went down to RVA to K's. My goal was to visit a coin laundry place to wash my big king size blankets. It was $3.50 to wash and .25 for 6 min for drying. I'm so glad I have my own washer and dryer at my house. I couldn't imagine having to do that once a week. The whole experience wasn't bad tho. It was kinda fun and glad my BFF came along with me to keep me company. :)
After that we grabbed some lunch and then went to K's to tackle her bedroom closet. We filled 2 bags with donations. It feels good to purge once in a while. It's something that just needs to be done.

After that we caught up on Big Love. The new season started earlier this month and I hadn't seen any of it. So, we watched the first 2 episodes. OMG that show is great!! I don't believe in Polygamy but the show is entertaining.

I find myself rooting for the 3rd wife all the time. (I love Margene, she's the one on the left)

Kristen had class at 7pm so we left around 6pm. K left for class and I left to go visit my little sister at her apartment. Ashley made me some chicken tacos for dinner and of course we made a target run afterwards. It was a fun day!!

Today, Wednesday I met Jess at the gym and then cleaned up a bit around the house. I also made some chicken breasts, corn, baked beans and baked potatoes. YUM!

VACATION IS NICE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment