October 21, 2009

Welcome Home Kirk....

Kirk and the rest of CLB-8 support company came in on Monday night. They should have arrived around 5pm but it ended up being 7pm.

First thing.....Mother and I stopped off at the place that had the fence to hang your welcome home signs on. I pricked my finger on the wire I used to hang the sign on and now I have a blood blister on my finger, but it's worth it. Anything for my BRUDER!! :)
The walkway with signs hanging. Some of the signs were professionally done while others were made from sheets. One of my favorite ones.....A mother had her baby step in paint and walk all over the sheet to welcome their daddy home. :)

Ashley wanted to make a little sign to hold up for Kirk to see when he got off the bus. Below is Ashley making her sign.

Below is a picture of the little sign I made for Kirk....

Ashley and I thought it would be cool to get Kirk some balloons.


These balloons came in handy once the Marines finally arrived. There was such a crowd I kinda got lost from everyone, but knew exactly where my family was with Daniel carrying the balloons.

This is Stephenie Marciano (in red) and Lindsay McEwen. Their husbands are friends with Kirk. I talked to these ladies over facebook and e-mails. Mother and I even went to dinner with Stephenie. She's very sweet!!

Stephenie and Lindsay made this sheet sign that they hung up at the barracks once they got there. While we waited for our Marines to arrive there were Marines making hot dogs, burgers and nachos for everyone. They even had a DJ playing music and there was moon bounces for the kids to play in. It was nice!

Finally....a little after 7pm here comes the buses....(there were 3 and Kirk was on the 2nd bus)
I was looking at the buses trying to find Kirk and he tapped me on the shoulder and said "too late", then I smiled and gave him the biggest hug. :)



Kirk's room in the barracks on the base. He will be sleeping on the top bunk. He'll be sharing a room with two other Marines.

Marines looking for their bags. We're so glad all these Marines are safe and sound back in the US. :)

1 comment: