October 21, 2009

Graves Mountain Apple Harvest Festival 2009

Kristen and I went to the Graves Mountain Apple Harvest Festival the other day.

You can pick your own apples fresh from the trees in the orchard or get them from the crates. Varieties include: Red and Golden Delicious, Stayman, York, Winesap, Mutsu Fuji, Granny Smith and Empire. We like to get a mix so we have varieties in whatever we make. Kristen makes good pies and I make good applesauce. :)

I think this is cider being made but it could be brunswick stew too.

Graves mountain has very good applesauce that you can buy there. They also have delicious apple butter and lots of jams and jellies.

I love this picture. It looks like a painting!!

Fall Foliage is soooo pretty! I love the FALL season here on the east coast. It's so beautiful.

You can't come here and not get funnel cakes. Sooooo good!!

Funnel cakes being cooked in the fryer.

Kristen got funnel cake and I got apple cider doughnuts. YUMMO!!

A picture of me in an apple tree in the apple orchard. :) We'll probably go again next year. I've been going for the last couple of years. If you want to join us just let us know. :)

1 comment: