October 26, 2009

Surprises....

On Sunday, Kristen and Ashley met at my house and we drove up to Burke to surprise Aunt Karen with flowers, cake, gifts and of course to take her to a late lunch/dinner. I schemed with Lora earlier in the week so we could pull off this surprise. Karen was supposed to have gotten off from work at 2pm but got home early. OOPS!! But that's ok! When we got to her house she was in the back yard with Ben raking/blowing leaves. Lora and precious little Livi had Karen come in from outside and we came out from hiding in the dining room and said "surprise". She was really surprised!! It was great!

We decided to go to a mall and walk around and find some where to eat a late lunch. We decided on Mexican food. YUM!! We went to Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe. The food was great! When the waiter brought the check he gave us Sopapillas on the house since it's the first time some of us had been there. They are Puffed Mexican pastries sprinkled with cinnamon and
powdered sugar, served warm with honey for dipping. They were delish!! :) I don't think Lora and I could stop eating them. LOL

We got back to Aunt Karen's and dug into the cake and into Ashley's candy apples. Then just sat around for a bit and chatted. It was a fun girls day with my favorite aunt, favorite cousin, sister and best friend! :)



Around midnight, Nate and I went to bed. I had just gotten into bed when I heard a knock on the door and then the doorbell. I got up to look out the front window but didn't have my contacts in so I really couldn't see anything. LOL Nate ran down and answered the door and guess who it was? It was KIRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I heard his laugh and immediately grabbed my robe and came down. He had a fellow Marine buddy with him. They just thought they'd come up and they asked to crash here. I said sure. I went back upstairs and put clean sheets, pillows and blankets on the guest beds. It was a wonderful good surprise!!! :)

Note from Kirk on chalkboard when I woke up today. :)

4 comments:

  1. yeah...but it's funny tho cuz we always do our blogging differently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bruder came home! what a good surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is he still there??? lol :) cute

    ReplyDelete