October 27, 2009

Rainy Tuesday

Kirk and his friend had to be back on base at 12 noon today. I heard their cars start up at 5am this morning as well as the down pour of rain. I grabbed my glasses off the dresser and watched as they left this morning, saying a little prayer that they both get to base safely. :)

I had plans with Jessica today at 12 noon to go for a walk downtown. At 11am when I woke up I noticed it was still raining. I called Jess and we both thought to just do lunch and catch up instead. I met Jess at the station and we then went to Eileen's Bakery and Cafe.

We discovered this cute little cafe last time we were walking around downtown. The sandwiches, cakes and cookies all looked sooooo delicious! We knew we would do lunch here sometime in the future. Jess treated me to lunch which was very good. Thanks again Jess!!!! :) I got a chicken salad sandwich and Jessica got a turkey melt type sandwich. Next time we'll need to try the desserts.

Back at home now.....must be a lazy day for everyone. :)

And I guess it's time I put some more bird food in the feeders. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment