July 23, 2009

Harley's Shave

Harley is such a furball!! I love him but sometimes his hair is just way too much. I was petting him and noticed his fur was matting up at his back. I know it's very uncomfortable for him. Getting tangles or knots in my own hair isn't fun. I couldn't imagine being a cat and getting tangles. I couldn't just cut out the knots with scissors b/c it was too close to his skin. Last summer, I took Harley to Petsmart but they don't know what they are doing there. I asked Linda (Nate's mom) if she could come over with Nate's hair trimmers so we could shave Harley. She agreed! She came by a few days ago. And we shaved him.



He wasn't too happy though and it took several hours.

After his shave, we put him in the bathtub and gave him a nice bath. He freaked out a little. I think he might of wished Dave was there. I think he likes getting baths from Dave. He finally gave up and just layed there and let us finish bathing him. Then we wrapped him up like a little baby and dried him off. Even though he had a rough day, I think he thanks us. He's so much lighter now and no more tangles! :)

1 comment: