November 2, 2013

Spotsylvania Farmers Market: Visit 4 (Gordon Road)

This morning, I went to the Farmers Market off Gordon Road.  I haven't been in over a month and was happy to go.  I had a list.....apples, potatoes, and onions.  I had $23 in cash to spend.

I first got some honey crisp "crack" apples.  :)  And I also got one granny smith apple.

Here's some pears.

At another stand.....Some butternut squash with imperfections and some pumpkins.  Guess the season is winding down.

I went over to one of my favorite stands, Ochoa Produce.
I got my peppers, onions and a tomato from here.

Lots of mini pumpkins.

As I was taking this picture the farmer jokingly told me "Take all the pictures you want, they are $1 each".  We both laughed.  ahahahaha  :)

Here's some peanuts.  My dad would love these.

Peppers....The yellow ones look just like my petite peppers I have growing.  :)

I didn't see any potatoes at the Ochoa stand that I wanted.  So, I went to the C&T Produce Stand.  They had a ton of potatoes.  2lbs for $1.  That's a great deal!!  :)

There was a nice crowd but not too many people.

Here's some pictures of fresh produce at other stand.



As you walk around this girl plays sweet music on her violin.  She's wonderful.  I saw many people dropping money in her violin case.  As I was walking out and I had some leftover change that I took out of my pocket and toss in the case.  She said thank you.  :)

So here's what I got......
I got everything on my list and a few other goodies that weren't.  I went to the grocery store (Wegmans) after the farmers market and gladly skipped the crowed produce department because I already had all the fruit and veggies I needed.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment