November 17, 2013

Meyer Lemon Seeds

I saved my meyer lemon seeds from my first lemon.  I mailed one seed to my Amish friend, Lovina.  Her birthday is tomorrow so I thought she might like a nice little surprise.  I put the seed in her birthday card.  
I had 5 seeds left.  I decided to plant them and if they sprout they will make nice little gifts.  :)

I grabbed 5 generic solo cups and went to the shed to begin.

I put a little container soil in the bottom of each up.

I then put 1 seed in the middle of each cup and pushed it down a little bit.

I then put some more soil on top and gave everyone a drink.  I brought them in the house and they are sitting in the sunny window sill with my inside container garden.

I hope they spout and turn into little lemon trees.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment