February 3, 2011

Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream

Looks good doesn't it? Well not so much. :( I was soooooo disappointed in this. :( I think I need to find a better recipe.

2 cups blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

In a saucepan bring blueberries, sugar and salt to a boil. Mash berries. Simmer mixture for 5 min and let cool slightly. In a blender puree' the mixture with milk and heavy cream. Turn on ice cream maker then add your mix to the ice cream bowl. Let mix for 20-25 min. Then freeze.


I don't know why it didn't taste good. All I could really taste was the heavy cream. I'm thinking that maybe it needed more sugar. If anyone knows of a good blueberry ice cream recipe, I'm willing to try it so let me know. :)

2 comments:

  1. i like ashley's idea for an ice cream day. does yours turn on and swirl it all around before you freeze it? that's the part i messed up when i made the peach before - i swirled it too long and it got too hard. that's what she said.

    sad that this one didn't work out. any pb cup left? mmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should totally have an ice cream making day! It would be fun.

    Yes, when you turn my maker on it's has a paddle thing that mixes and swirls around.

    There is a tiny bit left of the PB and Peaches n' pineapple. Billy tried the PB and said it was really good. :)

    Billy watched me try the blueberry one and he wouldn't even try it after he saw my face. LOL

    ReplyDelete