November 29, 2009

Gingerbread Fun.....

Kristen, Ashley and I decided to make our Christmas cards today. They are all so cute!!! Mine had many steps so it took me much longer to finish. So, Ashley and Kristen helped me get them done. I still need to address the cards and then of course sign them and get them ready to mail.

As a surprise treat Kristen got us Gingerbread house kits to build. A few weeks ago Kristen and I wanted to sign up for the Gingerbread class at Sur La Table but it was rather pricey so we decided not to do it. Making a house isn't at all hard. You just have to use your imagination. There is no correct way to building one. And it's fun and messy at the same time. Thank you Kristen!!! :)

Look at that mess!! We had icing, gum drops, pretzels, morsels, and other hard candies.

Here is my house!! It turned out pretty cute!

Mine is on the left, Kristen's cute house is in the middle and Ashley's is on the right. :)

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make a gingerbread house! They look great... do they take a long time to assemble and decorate??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you should make one. The kits are less than $10 at a craft store. It was fun! You just have to be creative. And no it doesn't take long to assemble or decorate. You pretty much just use the icing for the 'glue'. The icing holds everything together. :)

    ReplyDelete